Website Rest Stop Ministries
Rest Stop Ministries is searching for a Residential Coach for our long-term residential program. Rest Stop Ministries is a Christian 501c3 that exists to help restore adult female survivors of sex trafficking through an 18-24-month residential program. We are near the Nashville metropolitan area with a campus on 25 acres outside Lebanon, Tennessee.
The Residential Coach position is full-time (40+ hours per week) and provides direct coaching for the residents. The position will report primarily to the Residential Manager with the Director of Programs providing guidance when needed. The Residential Coach, along with the other residential staff, also serves as a voice for the residents in the weekly Tuesday morning staff meeting.
The ideal candidate will have previous verifiable residential experience with a teen or adult population. Trauma Informed Care experience would be beneficial for the position. The selected individual must have the ability to live peacefully within the community and yet be able to uphold the values and standards of Rest Stop Ministries.
Looking for someone with a heart and passion for seeing the broken restored. We have a strong team of likeminded individuals all moving towards the common goal of restoration for those in our care. Although the position is full time, the arrangement of the hours would allow the Residential Coach to hold other gainful employment, if it were desired. The hours for the position are Friday night 5pm through Saturday night 5pm and Monday night 5pm through Tuesday morning at 9am, with attendance at the 9am Tuesday morning staff meeting preferred.
Note: Due to the special sensitivities of our unique population, this position is open to women only. Survivors of trafficking, with a minimum of 5 years post residential treatment, who have received counseling for trauma and are at a stable, healthy place in life are encouraged to apply. Individuals in recovery with a minimum of 2 years sobriety also encouraged to apply.
Through servant-leadership and role-model example:
• Desire to serve women in recovery from trafficking, trauma, substance abuse
• Set the tone for a loving, caring community of support and growth; be available and approachable to residents for support and assistance while in the home.
• Uphold and Direct applicable RSM Policies & Procedures and the RSM Residential Handbook
• Maintain a living environment of safety, cleanliness, and order with shared responsibilities in accordance with RSM policy
• Confident to handle role of authority within a loving community of support and mutual respect
• Ability to work alone, follow direction and uphold written and verbal training
• Ability to facilitate domestic tasks like meal preparation/cleanup, assist residents with personal needs, and generally be a supportive presence in a home environment.
• Facilitate the Medication Process for residents according to the RSM Medication Management Policy & Procedure
• Other Duties as assigned by/agreed upon by Residential Manager and/or Program Director
• Two years of experience working in a relevant field preferred.
o Experience working with sex trafficking survivors, victim services, domestic violence, addictions, substance abuse, and/or other persons in crisis or vulnerable populations.
• Trauma Informed Care experience would be beneficial.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
• Ability to emotionally regulate in crisis or intense emotional situations.
• Ability to manage the balance of crisis work with self-care practices.
• Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
• Ability to work as a team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as required by law, professional codes of ethics, and in the best interest of survivors.
• Able to provide own transportation; and proof of liability insurance necessary to transport passengers in agency vehicle.
• Background check is required.
• Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required.
• Must be willing to embrace and exemplify our core values and statement of faith.
There are no funds available for relocation for this position.
If you are interested in the Residential Coach position with Rest Stop Ministries please email/send a cover letter and resume to Randy Woicik, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com