Rest Stop Ministries
The mission of Rest Stop Ministries is to holistically restore survivors of domestic sex trafficking and to stop this exploitation.
Position: Program & Volunteer Coordinator
Job Summary: To oversee Volunteer processes and scheduling; To assist Program Director and other staff with administrative tasks; To manage the medication process for staff and residents according to the RSM Medication Management Policy & Procedure.
Note: Due to the special sensitivities of our unique population, this position is open to women only.
Reports To: Director of Programs
• Oversee Volunteer process and scheduling
o Schedule Direct Care Trainings
o Manage volunteer background checks
o Maintain volunteer scheduling
o Manage individual and group volunteer pools
o Cultivate and support mentor pool
o Coordinate with volunteers on individualized resident needs
o Coordinate holiday planning including Christmas gifts, decorations, meals, etc.
o Record all volunteer hours in CRM system
• Assist Program Director with administrative tasks
o Answer phones, direct calls and respond to messages
o File resident documentation
o Update RSM calendar with Resident Work/Sponsor/Meeting/Group schedules
o Take minutes at weekly Staff Meeting
• Assist Program Director with resident intake / miscellaneous tasks
o Respond to applicant inquiries
o Participate in applicant interviews, if needed
o Help residents with vocational / educational tasks, if needed
o Assist in resourcing alumni or coordinating alumni aftercare events
o Keep up with Staff / Resident birthdays
• Manage the medication process for residents and staff according to the RSM Medication Management Policy & Procedure
o Call in Med refills and request new prescriptions as needed
o Coordinate with medical provider when new scripts are needed prior to resident running out of meds
o Coordinate scheduling of pharmacy deliveries
o Conduct the weekly counting/filling of resident med trays
o Take inventory and maintain stock of Medication Cabinet
o Maintain inventory and order new drug tests / breathalyzer cartridges
o Maintain communication with Program Director/Case Manager and Residential staff regarding each resident’s Meds and medical needs
o Maintain list of Approved Medications – consult with Nurse Consultant as needed
o Maintain list of Non-Approved Medications – consult with Nurse Consultant as needed
o Prepare meds for resident discharge or provide guidance to on-duty residential staff
• Schedule medical appointments around programming, as best possible
o Utilize transports efficiently to schedule multiple residents’ appointments together when possible
o Transport to medical appointments, as needed
o Drive the RSM vehicle/personal vehicle to provide transportation to medical appointments and pharmacy
o Identify new resources as needed, particularly those that have financial assistance
o Develop partnerships with medical providers that will provide pro bono and discounted services
• Monitor / Revise UDS Procedure
o Schedule and Maintain UDS Calendar
• Maintain proper documentation/records required by RSM policy
o Ensure forms are accessible to staff (UDS, med logs, etc)
o Communicate medical concerns/changes through email to Program Director, to be included in daily End of Shift report
o Create Monthly Medication Administration Sheets
o Update Monthly Medication Administration Sheets when changes occur
• Other Duties as assigned by/agreed upon by Program Director and/or Director of Operations (programmatic needs, room searches, transports, drug testing, clothing closet, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• 2 + years’ experience working with sex trafficking survivors, victim services, domestic violence, addictions, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders and/or other persons in crisis or vulnerable populations preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
• Moderate level of computer skills including Microsoft and Google office suites, including spreadsheets and calendars; able to interact in Salesforce CRM Volunteer database.
• Ability to emotionally regulate in crisis or intense emotional situations.
• Ability to manage the balance of crisis work with self-care practices.
• Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage hectic schedules.
• Team player, ability to adapt to scheduling changes or to work irregular hours that may occur within a residential setting or when survivor needs dictate.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as required by law, professional codes of ethics, and in the best interest of survivors.
• Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle and provide own transportation.
• Background check is required.
• Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required.
• Must be willing to embrace and exemplify our core values and statement of faith.
• Full-time 40 hr. position, typically Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm; however, flexibility is expected and required at times.
• Must have a heart and a passion for seeing the broken restored. We have a strong team of likeminded individuals all moving towards the common goal of restoration for those in our care.
Note: Individuals in recovery that may be interested need to have at least 2 years of sobriety.
There are no funds available for relocation for this position.
To apply for this job please visit reststopministries.org.